Animation South Africa (A.S.A) is a non-profit organisation mandated by industry to develop and represent South African animation.
We were founded in 2006 by a group of like-minded animation industry professionals who came together to create a culture of knowledge-sharing in South African animation. We currently have two chapters, one in Cape Town and one in Johannesburg.
Relaunched in 2015 with a new board of directors elected by our member-base, our vision is to nurture a vibrant, sustainable and transformed Animation and VFX industry for South Africa, offering a diverse range of content and services that is unique and globally competitive.
Our mandate is to facilitate the growth and evolution of South Africa’s animation industry by:
1. Creating new business opportunities by identifying and coordinating export missions to key markets.
2. Conducting and participating in global market research.
3. Creating knowledge-sharing opportunities to upskill our animation professionals.
4. Helping bring our studios and their original properties to market-readiness.
5. Consulting with government on policy and strategy, building the framework that will enable the animation industry to thrive.